This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][gold] Fix offset calculation when applying AArch64 TLSDESC relocations.
- From: "Jing Yu via binutils" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- To: Igor Kudrin <ikudrin at accesssoftek dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Han Shen <shenhan at google dot com>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 09:34:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][gold] Fix offset calculation when applying AArch64 TLSDESC relocations.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Jing Yu <jingyu at google dot com>
Thanks for the patch. It looks good to me.
BTW, the attachment has .txt suffix. Can you resend the patch?
On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 7:10 AM, Igor Kudrin <email@example.com> wrote:
> If a custom linker script with an unexpected relative layout of .got
> and .got.plt sections was used, gold might produce a wrong offset
> when applying R_AARCH64_TLSDESC_* relocations.
> This patch fixes the issue by calculating "got_tlsdesc_offset"
> in a more direct way.
> Best regards,
> Igor Kudrin
> C++ Developer, Access Softek, Inc.
> * aarch64.cc (Target_aarch64::Relocate::relocate_tls):
> Make got_tlsdesc_offset signed and fix its calculation.
> * testsuite/Makefile.am (aarch64_tlsdesc): New test.
> * testsuite/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
> * testsuite/aarch64_tlsdesc.s: New test source file.
> * testsuite/aarch64_tlsdesc.sh: New test script.
> * testsuite/aarch64_tlsdesc.t: New test linker script.