This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Disallow copy relocation against protected data symbol
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 15:52:36 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Disallow copy relocation against protected data symbol
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOqcu4+aipR=kS_Ri6xkZHgy4SekKyjmLY=VFBF3wDKxaQ@mail.gmail.com>
On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 09:13:15AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> property. This patch adds a bit to elf_link_hash_entry and elf_obj_tdata
Why is def_protected needed? Surely it is wrong to record the
visibility of a symbol that may not even be the final definition?
Why not just use visibility directly?
Australia Development Lab, IBM