This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [committed, PATCH] x86: Increment PLT count only for function symbols
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 03:31:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: [committed, PATCH] x86: Increment PLT count only for function symbols
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170823201435.GA29400@gmail.com> <20170824025228.GQ3368@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 7:52 PM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 01:14:35PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> Since PLT entry is needed only for function symbols, increment PLT count
>> only for function symbols.
> I wonder if this is correct in all cases. Undefined symbols usually
> don't have a type.
You are right. Let me revert now.