This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [committed, PATCH] x86: Increment PLT count only for function symbols
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 12:22:28 +0930
- Subject: Re: [committed, PATCH] x86: Increment PLT count only for function symbols
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170823201435.GA29400@gmail.com>
On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 01:14:35PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Since PLT entry is needed only for function symbols, increment PLT count
> only for function symbols.
I wonder if this is correct in all cases. Undefined symbols usually
don't have a type.
Australia Development Lab, IBM