This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH v2] gas: Enable PC-relative diff relocations on sparc64
- From: jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com (Jose E. Marchesi)
- To: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: James Clarke <jrtc27 at jrtc27 dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:56:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] gas: Enable PC-relative diff relocations on sparc64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1BC7FAE0-EAC7-4F45-A9FB-87AD96BBE7BA@jrtc27.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> * config/tc-sparc.c (tc_gen_reloc): Convert BFD_RELOC_8/16/32/64
> into the corresponding BFD_RELOC_8/16/32/64_PCREL relocation
> when requested.
> * config/tc-sparc.h (DIFF_EXPR_OK): Define to enable PC-relative
> diff relocations.
> (TC_FORCE_RELOCATION_SUB_LOCAL): Define to ensure only supported
> relocations are made PC-relative.
> (CFI_DIFF_EXPR_OK): Define to 0 to force BFD_RELOC_32_PCREL to
> be used directly, since otherwise BFD_RELOC_SPARC_UA32 will be
> used for .eh_frame which cannot in general be converted to a
> BFD_RELOC_32_PCREL due to alignment requirements.
> Applied in master.
I think one of these sparc commits broke the build on sparc:
Seems to be the GDB patch from Weimin, not the binutils patch from
James. Looking at it.