Re: Static linking on 64-bit PowerPC ELFv2

On 11/08/17 13:37, Alan Modra wrote:

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 08:55:03PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
I made a bad assumption.  It seems that must be a complete line after
all, but one where ld has lost the referencing object for some
reason..
Maybe you've managed to break your compiler?  I'm thinking you might
have ELFv2 with some weird ELFv1 things thrown in, dot-symbols for
instance.

Thanks for this hint to the dot-symbols. Yes, its very likely that my GCC configuration is broken. I have some difficulties to get the 64-bit support ready to use for RTEMS. I didn't pay attention to dot-symbols up to now,, whatever this is.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09