This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: powerpc ld core dump in 2.29
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 07:32:53 +0930
- Subject: Re: powerpc ld core dump in 2.29
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 11:51:52AM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> This has worked for years and just broke. Could be a more
> strict interpretation of how to generate this.
> powerpc-rtems4.12-ld -o qemu_fakerom.bin qemu_fakerom.o \
> qemu_fakeres.o --oformat binary -nostdlib \
> -Ttext 0xfff00000 --section-start=.romentry=0xfffffffc
> I can provide an object file and test case in Bugzilla if
Yes please, your qemu_fakerom.o and qemu_fakeres.o are needed for me
or anyone else to reliably (and easily) reproduce the problem. I'd
guess we have something touching ELF specific data structures that
aren't present when the output file is binary. Note that there have
already been some fixes committed to the branch for exactly this sort
> needed but I have a hunch there is something more specific
> needed on the ld command invocation.
> Help appreciated. Thanks.
> Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
> joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
> Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35806
> Support Available (256) 722-9985
Australia Development Lab, IBM