This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
problem with binutils 2.29 for microblaze
- From: Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx at openadk dot org>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Thomas Petazzoni <thomas dot petazzoni at free-electrons dot com>, Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2017 20:04:18 +0200
- Subject: problem with binutils 2.29 for microblaze
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This issue was reported in Januar:
I reported the musl build failure via IRC to Rich.
He opened up the ticket and suggested a fix.
The fix is included in Binutils 2.29.
Unfortunately it breaks uClibc-ng shared library loader.
You can find Qemu bootable rootfs here:
Bad does not boot and contains the commit in binutils, which
generates the binaries and libraries.
Good does boot and does not contain the commit in binutils.
Interesting is that ld.bad (readelf -aW output) of ld.so
contains a R_MICROBLAZE_NONE relocation. I think that's
the reason why ld.so can not selfrelocate/bootstrap.
For the broken rootfs the last message I see
is "About to do library loader relocations"
So is it a bug in uClibc-ng ld.so or a bug in binutils?
What information you need for helping me with this issue?
Thanks for any hints,