This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] GDB/opcodes: Remove arch/mach/endian disassembler assertions
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 12:36:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] GDB/opcodes: Remove arch/mach/endian disassembler assertions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Thu, 3 Aug 2017, Yao Qi wrote:
> I prefer to keep these asserts, as they could check the inconsistent
> uses of disassemble_info between gdb and opcodes. There is another
> assert for target armv5te, PR 21818, but the assert exposes an improper
> or unexpected usage of disassemble_info.mach in opcodes/arm-dis.c. I am
> fixing it.
How does the retaining of these assertions interact with `set
architecture' and `set endian' then?