This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Does ld/gold-l always simply add files to the command line
- From: Niklas Hambüchen <mail at nh2 dot me>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Ben Gamari <bgamari dot foss at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 17:58:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: Does ld/gold-l always simply add files to the command line
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <CAKOQZ8yjLw3WK4Go9OoaNFxZ9M=LUJgcAj3-cGdNDEO0wezTmw@mail.gmail.com>
Thank you, much appreciated!
On 27/07/17 00:49, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> It is mostly just lookup convenience. If you replace the -l option
> with the full path of the library that is found, the result will be
> almost identical. The only differences I know of are error messages
> and the soname that will be used for a shared library with no
> DT_SONAME dynamic tag.