This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ld/21529: Use a linker script to limit output with the test case (was: Re: PR21529, internal error in linker.c)
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 12:09:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ld/21529: Use a linker script to limit output with the test case (was: Re: PR21529, internal error in linker.c)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170605082534.GV8842@bubble.grove.modra.org> <CAMe9rOq9sAeH9h-mzR3Hphmfjr-osYYs90Ds5qjnCQY86BpC6Q@mail.gmail.com> <20170607083948.GY8842@bubble.grove.modra.org> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20170713234011.GY14520@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017, Alan Modra wrote:
> > No regressions in testing and `rx-elf' is now all-pass. OK for trunk and
> > 2.29?
> Thanks for taking the analysis further than I did. OK with a
> ChangeLog entry. I'm sure this is good for the branch too.
Ah, being properly formatted (sans a trivial update deliberately left
needed for the subject/summary) for piping to `git am' the message did
actually include a ChangeLog entry. :) Though I realise that the GIT
message format can be somewhat confusing when there's a further discussion
included. NB (in case we ever get to having it set up) `patchwork' also
understands this format.
Applied now and backported, with an obvious adjustment made to address a
formatting issue that was not actually intended. Thanks for your review.