This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[PATCH 0/2] LD/testsuite: GNU_RELRO test assumption corrections
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- To: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 02:38:05 +0100
- Subject: [PATCH 0/2] LD/testsuite: GNU_RELRO test assumption corrections
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This small series corrects the assumptions made by commit d345186d0535
("Check if GNU_RELRO segment is is generated") about the placement of some
sections, and consequently their eligibility for assignment to a GNU_RELRO
segment, on a target-by-target basis. See individual patch descriptions
No regressions across the usual targets and `mips*-*-linux' targets now
score all-pass for the non-compiled tests, with these failures:
FAIL: objcopy -shared -z relro (tbss1)
FAIL: objcopy -shared -z relro (tbss2)
FAIL: objcopy -shared -z relro (tbss3)
removed. In: <https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-01/msg00073.html>
these were assessed as target backend bugs, however they are not, because
according to the section placement chosen by the MIPS target there are no
sections to be placed in a GNU_RELRO segment in these tests and therefore
none is produced.
OK for trunk and 2.29?