This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
FYI - git-hooks recents update to be deployed in a couple of weeks
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, newlib at sourceware dot org, valgrind-developers at lists dot sourceforge dot net
- Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 09:36:20 -0700
- Subject: FYI - git-hooks recents update to be deployed in a couple of weeks
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This is just a heads up that I've made a number of changes to
the git-hooks which you currently use. The commits introduce
the following changes:
- passing the filename to the style-checker via stdin
rather than on the command line; this is an enabler for...
- calling the style-checker only once per commit.
- Fix a crash when the value of a config option (any config option)
in the project.config file (in the refs/meta/config branch) spans
- Support for using one entry per item in the project.config file
when the configuration is a list. This is an alternative to using
one entry with a comma-separated value.
- Support for a new configuration, called hooks.frozen-ref, which
is a list of references for which updates are not allowed (used
when branches are retired).
The first 2 changes might have an impact on your project if you had
a style-checker configured.
For various reasons, I will hold those changes until at least July 24th.
So if your project is impacted, you have at least 2 weeks to plan for
the transition. Let me know if you need more time.