This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[Patch ARM] Support MVFR2 VFP Coprocessor register for ARMv8-A,*
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: gingold at adacore dot com
- Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 16:16:38 +0100
- Subject: [Patch ARM] Support MVFR2 VFP Coprocessor register for ARMv8-A,*
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This patch adds support mvfr2 control registers for armv8-a as this was
missed from the original port to armv8-a (documented at G6.2.109 in
(Issue B.a) of the ARM-ARM. This was discovered by an internal user of
the GNU toolchain.
I'd like to backport this to the binutils 2.28 and binutils 2.29 release
branch if possible (with suitable testing and basically checking
removing the armv8-r parts).
Tristan - are you ok with the backports ?
Applied to trunk.
2017-07-04 Ramana Radhakrishnan <email@example.com>
* gas/config/tc-arm.c (arm_regs): Add MVFR2.
(do_vmrs): Constraint for MVFR2 and armv8.
* gas/testsuite/gas/arm/armv8-a+fp.d: Update.
* gas/testsuite/gas/arm/armv8-ar+fp.s: Likewise.
* gas/testsuite/gas/arm/armv8-r+fp.d: Likewise.
* gas/testsuite/gas/arm/vfp-bad.s: Likewise.
* gas/testsuite/gas/arm/vfp-bad.l: Likewise.
* opcodes/arm-dis.c: Support MVFR2 in disassembly
with vmrs and vmsr.