This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: Patching raw section data with non-partial_inplace relocations
- From: "Alexandro Sanchez Bach" <alexaltea123 at gmail dot com>
- To: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 13:18:55 +0200
- Subject: RE: Patching raw section data with non-partial_inplace relocations
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> You probably have to implement it yourself.
That's what I'm working on right now, which is essentially copy-and-pasting code from bfd/reloc.c
> But ... have you tried using the assembler to generate the raw data with reloc directives attached ?
Not sure if I understand this correctly, is this part of BFD? The binaries I'm processing are given as-is and I cannot assume that C/C++/ASM sources are available to compile them with other flags if that's what you mean.
All I can do is using libbfd to read the dynamic relocations and patch the raw section data accordingly. And this would work out of the box if the howto structures in elf32-ppc.c defined `partial_inplace = TRUE`. Since it's not the case, I guess I can only implement my own patcher as you suggested.
Thanks a lot for your time. :-)