This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [PATCH] [ARC] Update conditions for illegal placed instructions.
- From: Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com" <Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 07:02:22 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] [ARC] Update conditions for illegal placed instructions.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> PPS: Looking to the future, if you add more classes of ARC instructions
> then the is_br_jmp_insn macro might need updating. I was wondering if it
> would be better if the type of instruction were encoded into the opcode
> structure directly, so that you do not need to test for a whole range of
Cupertino and myself had a talk about the need to update a bit ARC's opcode structure, and it seems to us, as you nicely hinted, we need an extra field there for error checking/exceptions.
Thank you for feedback,