This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Will the gold linker ever be NON Beta ?
- From: "Ian Lance Taylor via binutils" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- To: Gordon McConnell <Gordon dot McConnell at synopsys dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 17:30:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: Will the gold linker ever be NON Beta ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <9328C5B713035A448835151B68585C3001845DC86F@us01wembx1.internal.synopsys.com>
- Reply-to: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 7:17 AM, Gordon McConnell
> The main binutils page at https://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/ states:
> gold - A new, faster, ELF only linker, still in beta test.
> I've found some old threads about gold's Beta status - the newest appears to be this one from April 2015: https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2015-04/msg00051.html
> Has anything changed since then, such that the Beta status might be altered any time soon ?
As far as I know nothing has changed, which is to say, no GNU/Linux
distro has yet chosen to make gold the standard linker.