This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Plan for release 2.29 [and IMPORTANT message]
- From: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 15:00:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: Plan for release 2.29 [and IMPORTANT message]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 20.06.2017 09:44, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> I'd like to create the release 2.29 branch at the end of June (next week) and to
> create the release around July 15th (so slightly earlier than initially planned).
> As usual, if you have big pending patches, please tell us ASAP.
gdb already uses xz compression for it's release tarballs and compressed diffs.
GCC was also changed to xz compressed tarballs instead of bz2, but keeping gz
compressed tarballs. Could the same be done for binutils?