This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Rewrite __start and __stop symbol handling
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 23:29:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Rewrite __start and __stop symbol handling
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170616140801.GM8406@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On Fri, 16 Jun 2017, Alan Modra wrote:
> This arranges for __start and __stop symbols to be defined before
> garbage collection, for all target formats.
> * testsuite/ld-elf/pr21562a.d: Use xfail rather than notarget.
> Correct typos and list of xfail targets.
The list of targets looks improved (thanks ;) but the use of
notarget was correct before from the looks of it: the test
wasn't made to work for them as opposed to there being a bug.
Unless I miss something (in which case the comment could be
updated to something more verbose)?