This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, GAS/ARM] Fix expansion of ldr pseudo instruction
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot gcc at googlemail dot com>
- To: Thomas Preudhomme <thomas dot preudhomme at foss dot arm dot com>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <richard dot earnshaw at arm dot com>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, gingold at adacore dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 10:11:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, GAS/ARM] Fix expansion of ldr pseudo instruction
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 9:49 AM, Thomas Preudhomme
> Patch applies cleanly on binutils-2_28-branch and shows no testsuite
> regression. Is this ok to commit to binutils 2.28?
can you mark this as fixing PR21590 in your changelog for 2.28 ?
However you need an ACK from Tristan about 2.28.
Also could you please note the sha1 which fixed this on trunk on the
bz for posterity ?
> Best regards,
> On 24/04/17 14:07, Nick Clifton wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>> 2017-04-20 Thomas Preud'homme <email@example.com>
>>> * config/tc-arm.c (move_or_literal_pool): Remove code generating
>>> Forbid MOV.W and MOVW if destination is SP or PC.
>>> * testsuite/gas/arm/thumb2_ldr_immediate_highregs_armv6t2.s: Explain
>>> expectation of LDR not generating a MOVS for low registers and small
>>> constants. Add tests of MOVW generation.
>>> * testsuite/gas/arm/thumb2_ldr_immediate_highregs_armv6t2.d: Update
>>> expected disassembly.
>> Approved - please apply.