This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Allow linker scripts to specify multiple output regions for an output section?
- From: Erik Christiansen <dvalin at internode dot on dot net>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 23:35:36 +1000
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Allow linker scripts to specify multiple output regions for an output section?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170309120639.GF3472@ratatosk> <593A92AB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: dvalin at internode dot on dot net
On 09.06.17 13:20, Tejas Belagod wrote:
> > > I agree that replacing the first-match rule with a subsequent match rule
> > > controlled by a command-line switch is much much lower implementation cost.
> > > It will be interesting to hear views of a maintainer about the preferred
> > > approach.
> Just wanted to give you the latest on this. Unfortunately, I have suspended
> working on this feature for the foreseeable future owing to a shift in
> priorities. Will update if there is a change in circumstances.
Ah, pity, but life is the art of the possible, not the ideal.
Will look forward to hearing of any resumption, should it occur.