This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] x86: Add -z print-local-ifuncs to ELF linker
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 09:37:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] x86: Add -z print-local-ifuncs to ELF linker
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170607130555.GA31495@lucon.org> <20170608013336.GZ8842@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On 06/07/2017 09:33 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 06:05:55AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> Add -z print-local-ifuncs to x86 ELF linker to list local IFUNC functions
>> when generating executables and shared objects.
>> Any comments?
> I'm wondering if it would be better to dump this output to a map file,
> using minfo rather than einfo. If you do that then there is possibly
> no need to have an option to control the output; If a mapfile is
> requested then you will see a list of these symbols. In any case, I
> don't see a need for -z noprint-local-ifuncs.
I would also prefer this information in the map file.