This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] x86: Add -z print-local-ifuncs to ELF linker
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 11:03:36 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] x86: Add -z print-local-ifuncs to ELF linker
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170607130555.GA31495@lucon.org>
On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 06:05:55AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Add -z print-local-ifuncs to x86 ELF linker to list local IFUNC functions
> when generating executables and shared objects.
> Any comments?
I'm wondering if it would be better to dump this output to a map file,
using minfo rather than einfo. If you do that then there is possibly
no need to have an option to control the output; If a mapfile is
requested then you will see a list of these symbols. In any case, I
don't see a need for -z noprint-local-ifuncs.
Australia Development Lab, IBM