This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't look up a stub for an undefined symbol.
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at gmail dot com>
- To: Han Shen <shenhan at google dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 15:52:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't look up a stub for an undefined symbol.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALehDX5Gt2DuvdjkQB+u_9bP43_YCbnBM5NxHZ_Y=pH_FutmkQ@mail.gmail.com> <CACkGtrgZPTRcHXw5DpNxr4=THqi5vtVPjs-H6DTS8jxnQ7MQpg@mail.gmail.com>
Yep. That's correct.
(Or at least it gets further now...)
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 3:47 PM, Han Shen <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Eric, thanks for fixing this. LGTM
> BTW, instead of assertion failure in the middle, with this patch, link
> proceeds and ends up with "undefined symbols", correct?
> On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Eric Christopher <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Hi Cary, Han,
>> Here's a quick patch that:
>> a) Adds some gold_debug target debugging to look for mismatched cases
>> of having a stub and looking for a stub, and
>> b) Notices that we were trying to look up a stub to an undefined
>> symbol when we were explicitly not creating a stub for it earlier.
>> 2017-06-07 Eric Christopher <email@example.com>
>> * aarch64.cc (maybe_apply_stub): Add debug logging for looking
>> up stubs to undefined symbols and early return rather than
>> fail to look them up.
>> (scan_reloc_for_stub): Add debug logging for no stub creation
>> for undefined symbols.
> Han Shen | Software Engineer | firstname.lastname@example.org | +1-650-440-3330