This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't look up a stub for an undefined symbol.
- From: "Han Shen via binutils" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- To: Eric Christopher <echristo at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 15:47:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't look up a stub for an undefined symbol.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALehDX5Gt2DuvdjkQB+u_9bP43_YCbnBM5NxHZ_Y=pH_FutmkQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Han Shen <shenhan at google dot com>
Hi Eric, thanks for fixing this. LGTM
BTW, instead of assertion failure in the middle, with this patch, link
proceeds and ends up with "undefined symbols", correct?
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Eric Christopher <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi Cary, Han,
> Here's a quick patch that:
> a) Adds some gold_debug target debugging to look for mismatched cases
> of having a stub and looking for a stub, and
> b) Notices that we were trying to look up a stub to an undefined
> symbol when we were explicitly not creating a stub for it earlier.
> 2017-06-07 Eric Christopher <email@example.com>
> * aarch64.cc (maybe_apply_stub): Add debug logging for looking
> up stubs to undefined symbols and early return rather than
> fail to look them up.
> (scan_reloc_for_stub): Add debug logging for no stub creation
> for undefined symbols.
Han Shen | Software Engineer | firstname.lastname@example.org | +1-650-440-3330