This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC 2/5] xtensa: make configuration dynamic
- From: Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc at gmail dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com" <augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, David Weatherford <weath at cadence dot com>, Maxim Grigoriev <maxim2405 at gmail dot com>, Woody LaRue <larue at cadence dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 12:13:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC 2/5] xtensa: make configuration dynamic
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAGSvup-hX4jDUJZR22VfMf7o9TTGTB2ktROjY1FuoJdOKCJY-Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAGSvup8xV74g-5TXaxmibeZF8ffmKJbw6U-O8yvYfc5r0O+EWQ@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 5:53 AM, Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Well the binutils already has a plugin support, so this patch is just
> adding the ability for a different type of plugin to be used. I am OK
> with that, providing that the plugin itself is also licensed under the
> GPL v3.
Yes, that's the intention. I've also got a suggestion on the gcc list to add
a mechanism that makes the plugin license requirement more apparent,
I'll do it in the next iteration of this series.