This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 4/9] [ARC] Don't convert _DYNAMIC@ to _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
- From: Vineet Gupta <Vineet dot Gupta1 at synopsys dot com>
- To: Cupertino Miranda <Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Cupertino Miranda <Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com" <Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com>, "Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com" <Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com>
- Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 11:28:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/9] [ARC] Don't convert _DYNAMIC@ to _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <EB86EB452ADE4B44B294F7149B8A2777026D21CC@DE02WEMBXB.internal.synopsys.com>
On 06/06/2017 09:08 AM, Cupertino Miranda wrote:
More recently, I have been involved in porting glibc for ARC and I have
came across this "naughtiness", and suggested to clean it up, for uclibc
Current version of uClibc is no longer relying on it.
Indeed there is no known code construct out there which relies on the old
semantics. Before makign this change in tools we made sure uClibc was updated to
not use this construct. So IMO it is a safe change !