This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 3/9] [ARC] Reassign the symbol got information to actual symbol when indirect.
- From: Cupertino Miranda <Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Cupertino Miranda <Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com" <Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com>, "Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com" <Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com>
- Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 16:09:13 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/9] [ARC] Reassign the symbol got information to actual symbol when indirect.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This problem was identified in the context of porting glibc for ARC.
Back then I did not realize but I believe this is more of a workaround
for the lack of support for IFUNC.
I will soon start working in iFUNC support and this will be revisited.
On 06/06/2017 02:16 PM, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Cupertino,
>> Cupertino Miranda <email@example.com>
>> * elf32-arc.c (elf_arc_relocate_section): Fixed reassign of indirect
> Approved - please apply.
> By the way - do you have testcases for these patches ? It would be nice to
> make sure that the problems stay fixed...