This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Use the ELF class to determine the word size for FreeBSD core notes.
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 08:58:01 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use the ELF class to determine the word size for FreeBSD core notes.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170531180757.11380-1-jhb@FreeBSD.org> <20170601055700.GC8842@bubble.grove.modra.org> <2941779.i0fJ2UObmd@ralph.baldwin.cx>
On Thu, Jun 01, 2017 at 09:48:25AM -0700, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Thursday, June 01, 2017 03:27:00 PM Alan Modra wrote:
> > On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 11:07:57AM -0700, John Baldwin wrote:
> > > * elf.c (elfcore_grok_freebsd_psinfo): Use ELF header class to
> > > determine structure sizes.
> > > (elfcore_grok_freebsd_prstatus): Likewise.
> > OK. I think this is a big improvement over using bits_per_word.
> Thanks, I just pushed this and realized mid-push that I hadn't updated
> the date in the ChangeLog entry after rebasing. :( Is it ok to push
> the fixup:
We do have an obvious rule, so no need to ask for trivial things like
fixing a changelog entry.
Australia Development Lab, IBM