This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch,avr] Take #2 PR21472: Upgrade emulation avrxmega3 so it has .rodata in flash instead of in SRAM.
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>, Senthil Kumar Selvaraj <senthilkumar dot selvaraj at microchip dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Denis Chertykov <chertykov at gmail dot com>, Pitchumani Sivanupandi <pitchumani dot sivanupandi at microchip dot com>, Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch at uriah dot heep dot sax dot de>
- Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 15:09:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch,avr] Take #2 PR21472: Upgrade emulation avrxmega3 so it has .rodata in flash instead of in SRAM.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx05.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx05.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=nickc at redhat dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com A83C72E6070
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com A83C72E6070
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> So here is a patch that maker avr.sc more generic and uses
> RODATA_PM_OFFSET to achieve is.
I like it. So much that I bought the company. No sorry - that was
an old TV advert. I liked it so much that I checked the patch in for
> I didn't unite avr.sc with avrtiny.sc though which is a different story.
True - maybe one day. But I do not see it as a priority.