This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] x86: Generate PLT relocations for -z now
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 10:24:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] x86: Generate PLT relocations for -z now
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170508202153.GA28618@intel.com>
On 05/08/2017 04:21 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> This patch partially reverses:
> commit 25070364b0ce33eed46aa5d78ebebbec6accec7e
> Author: H.J. Lu <email@example.com>
> Date: Sat May 16 07:00:21 2015 -0700
> Don't generate PLT relocations for now binding
> to support LD_AUDIT and LD_PROFILE with -z now. If there is an existing
> GOT relocation, it is still used to avoid PLT relocation against the same
> function symbol.
> Any comments?
I'm testing this on x86_64 locally to make sure it meets the needs of the
Fedora and Red Hat users that are actively making use of LD_AUDIT.
Thanks for looking into this and supporting developer tooling that works
in binutils 2.25, but broke in 2.26 and onwards.