This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: building in dedicated directory; binutils -Wstack-usage and -flto
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Дилян Палаузов <dpa-binutils at aegee dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 16:28:48 +0930
- Subject: Re: building in dedicated directory; binutils -Wstack-usage and -flto
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 04:33:16PM +0200, Дилян Палаузов wrote:
> searching for "binutils build dedicated directory" the answers is "the
> binutils documentation recommends building binutils in a dedicated build
> What is the reasoning for this, except that "make distclean" does not clean
> everything, as it should?
If we did a poll of binutils developers, I'd guess that most use a
separate build directory. It's likely that builds in the source
directory are not so well tested..
> lto1: all warnings being treated as errors
> Please make binutils build with -flto?
configure with --disable-werror.
Australia Development Lab, IBM