This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Resurrect ns32k
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Gilbert Coville <gcoville at gc dot org>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 12:53:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Resurrect ns32k
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx04.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx04.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=nickc at redhat dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com 987067F7B6
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 987067F7B6
- References: <email@example.com>
> I am interested in the old National Semiconductor ns32k architecture and
> saw that ns32k has been moved into the obsolete list in binutils-2.28.
> "Support will be REMOVED in the next major release of BINUTILS, unless a
> maintainer comes forward."
> I'd like that to not happen.
> Although the support for ns32k is not perfect, there's a lot of good
> stuff there that I don't want to see removed. I'm stepping up to keep
> it alive. My hope is to eventually improve ns32k support and fix some
> of the bugs and deficiencies I've seen using it so far.
> I think an important first step is to remove it from the disabled list.
> I'm looking forward to any comments and suggestions you have for me.
Are you also offering to be a maintainer for this target ?
Which versions are you interested in preserving - the netbsd/openbsd version
and/or the mach-o version ?