This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PowerPC VLE changes
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Alexander Fedotov <alfedotov at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Jenner <andrew at codesourcery dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 10:58:58 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PowerPC VLE changes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAN8C2CpnASq-6xCiZE51Q4fP7fMt+QEXsmOas6fQS5daQOvTDw@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <20170328233315.GE4983@bubble.grove.modra.org> <CAN8C2CoRFhFAyoBB+JLenbx_nigtyS51oLeHNvhd2ez9sPuqqw@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:36:36PM +0300, Alexander Fedotov wrote:
> Well, I think while such aliases are not in PowerISA and may be
> changed in any moment - better to move such ones to macros table.
> Performance should not harm dramatically if at all.
> Anyway, don't miss decorated storage instruction for e200z4 from my patch.
I don't like being a dictator since that tends to drive away
contributors, but let me make it absolutely clear. I will not accept
a patch that moves insns to the powerpc macro table. Since your patch
at https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2017-03/msg00348.html does that,
and lacks a ChangeLog entry, it is currently blocked.
Australia Development Lab, IBM