This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
The query about ranlib for binutils-2.22 and below
- From: "Zhangwen (Esan)" <zwzhangwen dot zhang at huawei dot com>
- To: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 07:12:24 +0000
- Subject: The query about ranlib for binutils-2.22 and below
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm researching a method to clear up timestamps and uids/gids or use zero for timestamps and uids/gids in the static library.
I found ar can be used -D option to use zero for timestamps and uids/gids and binutils-2.22+ ranlib can be also used -D.
But binutils-2.22 and below version ranlib can not be used.
ranlib: invalid option -- 'D'
Sorry to say that binutils-2.22 was used into our project and now I have no idea to clear up the timestamps.
Could anybody know to how use zero for timestamps and uids/gid using ranlib-2.22 or other resolution ?