The query about ranlib for binutils-2.22 and below

Hi,
  I'm researching a method to clear up timestamps and uids/gids or use zero for timestamps and uids/gids in the static library.
I found ar can be used -D option to use zero for timestamps and uids/gids and binutils-2.22+ ranlib can be also used -D.
But binutils-2.22 and below version ranlib can not be used.
ranlib: invalid option -- 'D'
Sorry to say that binutils-2.22 was used into our project and now I have no idea to clear up the timestamps.
Could anybody know to how use zero for timestamps and uids/gid using ranlib-2.22 or other resolution ?

Cheers,
Zhangwen