This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] RISC-V: Allow ISA subsets to be disabled
- From: Alex Bradbury <asb at asbradbury dot org>
- To: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at dabbelt dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 09:15:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] RISC-V: Allow ISA subsets to be disabled
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 30 March 2017 at 20:45, Palmer Dabbelt <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Without this patch, passing "-march=rv64ic -march=rv64i" results in
> you getting a "RV64IC" toolchain, which isn't expected.
> 2017-03-30 Palmer Dabbelt <email@example.com>
> * config/tc-riscv.c (riscv_clear_subsets): New function.
> (riscv_add_subset): Call riscv_clear_subsets and riscv_set_rvc to
> clear RVC when it's been previously set.
For what it's worth, the current behaviour (i.e. the behaviour before
this patch) seems to be in line with other architectures. e.g. if I do
`gcc -march=native -march=generic` then the latter won't override the
former - at least as evidenced by `gcc -march=native -march=generic -E
-v - </dev/null`.