This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
COMDAT section PE
- From: Tamar Christina <tamar at zhox dot com>
- To: "binutils" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 19:27:33 +0000
- Subject: COMDAT section PE
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm trying to create a few COMDAT sections using PE.
The documentation states that you can use a G type (group) with a comdat identifier on ELF,
but doesn't state anything for PE. I've looked at the source and found that starting my section with
.gnu.linkonce should work, but is this really the only way? I didn't want to have to change section names.
Does it drop the .gnu.linkonce afterwards?