This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCHv2] Implementing ARC NPS-400 Ultra Ip and Miscellaneous instructions
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com>, Rinat Zelig <rinat at mellanox dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Francois Bedard <Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com>, "Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com" <Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com>, Noam Camus <noamca at mellanox dot com>, Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 11:20:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCHv2] Implementing ARC NPS-400 Ultra Ip and Miscellaneous instructions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx09.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx09.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=nickc at redhat dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com F1BC1104D8
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com F1BC1104D8
- References: <DB6PR0501MB2615B3C68DA56D240E4BB952C53C0@DB6PR0501MB2615.eurprd05.prod.outlook.com> <098ECE41A0A6114BB2A07F1EC238DE8966613A1A@de02wembxa.internal.synopsys.com>
Hi Claudiu, Hi Rinat,
> On top of the above when I do:
> git apply --check <your_patch>
> I am getting:
> fatal: corrupt patch at line 273
> It will be nice if you can also check why it is so.
It is a mailer problem. I think that Rinat's mailer is wrapping the patch at 80 columns
which is corrupting the patch. Rinat - in the future, please could you add your patches
as attachments to the email, rather than including them inline ? I think that this should
solve the problem.
As it happens I have gone ahead and applied Rinat's patch, fixing up the formatting issues
that you pointed out. I wanted to test the patch myself and then I got carried away fixing
various other issues in the arc-opc.c file. (Such as the over-use of ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED).
In the end it was easier for me to just apply the updated patch than to back out all of my
changes and ask for a resubmission. :-}