This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Don't run new orphan tests on i860 and i960
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 11:31:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: Don't run new orphan tests on i860 and i960
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170311010457.GC4983@bubble.grove.modra.org> <20170316102619.GB30391@embecosm.com>
> On 16 Mar 2017, at 11:26, Andrew Burgess <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> * Alan Modra <email@example.com> [2017-03-11 11:34:57 +1030]:
>> These targets use the generic ELF support, so don't handle orphans
>> well. The patch also updates the orphan doco to reflect this fact,
>> and deletes some ELF details that don't really add anything.
> Sorry for introducing these failures.
> What target triplets do you use for building/testing i860 and i960?
> I'd love to add these to my list of build targets that I test.
Note that they are both obsolete targets.