This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [ld]: Checks for address space overflow will reject any avr program.
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Senthil Kumar Selvaraj <senthil_kumar dot selvaraj at atmel dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 12:16:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ld]: Checks for address space overflow will reject any avr program.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I didn't actually check whether it's due to your change, but as
> you are active there, you'll likely know the solution.
> avr is using virtual addresses in order to linearize the address
Yes, I suppose that section offset is larger than address space.
I think I have an idea for this.