This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: version control policy
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Petr Ovtchenkov <ptr at void-ptr dot info>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 15:15:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: version control policy
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
> On 08 Mar 2017, at 19:41, Petr Ovtchenkov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Good day!
> I want to understand aspects in version control policy.
> - What the principles of branches? I.e. what the relation between,
> say, master, binutils-2_28-branch and gdb-7.12-branch?
Branches are created from master.
> What the relation between binutils-2_28-branch and published
> binutils 2.28, gdb-7.12-branch and published GDB 7.12.1?
Published releases are created from branches. Usually, there is also a tag on the commit for the release.