Re: ld corrupting .cfi_label uses

>>> On 08.03.17 at 15:12, <amodra@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 01:37:17AM -0700, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> My problem here is that I don't see any way to know whether
>> there are symbols (including local ones, but excluding the
>> section one) or relocations referring to a particular section
>> (other than going through the raw object file of course), for
>> easy checking in _bfd_elf_write_section_eh_frame(), or
>> even better already in _bfd_elf_parse_eh_frame_entry().
>
> Here's a prototype patch.  It hasn't had much testing, and needs a few
> testcases added, particularly for labels in odd parts of a CIE or FDE.
> If you could run with this, that would be good.

Thanks for doing this, but going over the patch I can't seem to spot
where (generally section symbol relative) relocations are being
taken care of. Am I simply overlooking something? I ask because
that's the main problem for my use case, whereas symbols don't
really matter for the moment (I simply didn't have a need to create
any so far).

And then, for the ld test case source adjustments, how do these do
anything useful with no test case output adjustments being needed?

Jan