This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH v2 RESEND] Document .Nbyte assembler directives
- From: "Tobin C. Harding" <me at tobin dot cc>
- To: Pierre Muller <pierre dot muller at ics-cnrs dot unistra dot fr>
- Cc: 'Alan Modra' <amodra at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 11:47:07 +1100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 RESEND] Document .Nbyte assembler directives
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <007601d296bd$3b5f1c80$b21d5580$@firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 10:04:20PM +0100, Pierre Muller wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am just curious about what I read in your documentation improvement.
> You state that, for .8byte
> there is a warning if the bignum doesn't fit into an 8 byte integer,
> but there is nothing similar for .2byte and .4byte.
thanks for the query. I will hack up some test code and see if I can
come back to you with an answer.
> Should I understand that there is no check and no warning for the two
> Another question I had was about alignment:
> is there any alignment done?
> Our could a .8byte end up unaligned?
I'm not sure I will be able to answer this one though.
> Just curious,