This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Partial WebAssembly backend
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Pip Cet <pipcet at gmail dot com>, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 23:07:57 +0100
- Subject: Re: Partial WebAssembly backend
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGWvnymEedcq2cekks6tFyFp-d9rkA19ok=eDu67JkWVLyQQBQ@mail.gmail.com>
* David Edelsohn:
> You have a copyright assignment on file for GCC and Emacs, but not for
> Binutils and GLIBC. You will need to assign the copyright for those
> components to the FSF as well.
The GCC bits also need review from the FSF how they interact with the
GCC Runtime Library Exception. If I'm not mistaken, the exception was
designed to prevent something like that from happening (using the GCC
front ends with proprietary backends such as the compilers in
Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome).