This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add SFENCE.VMA instruction
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at dabbelt dot com>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, Andrew Waterman <andrew at sifive dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 12:28:32 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add SFENCE.VMA instruction
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <mhng-df69fd78-e492-45a6-9df7-8ee859ce1328@palmer-mbp2014> <20170216011235.GJ3731@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On Thu, 16 Feb 2017, Alan Modra wrote:
> > I've been using "git-merge-changelog" to merge my ChangeLog entries and haven't
> > had a merge conflict yet.
> Good point. I've been wondering about a change to our policy about
> ChangeLog diffs for a while. With git and git-merge-changelog it is
> actually *less* work for a maintainer to apply a patch if the diff
> includes the ChangeLog. You just save the email to a temporary empty
> mailbox somewhere, then "git am <mailbox>" plus perhaps a little
> editing of the commit message and adding generated files.
Or use a mailer that has a `pipe message' command even. :)