This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Question] stripped lib and it's line numbers
- From: Jiong Wang <jiong dot wang at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: Taeung Song <treeze dot taeung at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 16:34:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Question] stripped lib and it's line numbers
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 02/03/17 15:27, Taeung Song wrote:
I have a question.
I believe objdump can't show line numbers for a stripped program.
But 'objdump -l' can do that in some cases ?
I think it's because objdump knows debug version library from
.note.gnu.build-id or gnu_debuglink section (for example under
see the following code in bfd/dwarf2.c
debug_filename = bfd_follow_build_id_debuglink (abfd, DEBUGDIR);
if (debug_filename == NULL)
debug_filename = bfd_follow_gnu_debuglink (abfd, DEBUGDIR);