This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gcc-7 warning breaks ld testsuite
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 10:39:29 +1030
- Subject: Re: gcc-7 warning breaks ld testsuite
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170228222954.GE29416@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 at 08:59:54AM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> .../ld/testsuite/ld-elf/new.cc:21:31: warning: dynamic exception specifications are deprecated in C++11; use
> 'noexcept' instead [-Wdeprecated]
> operator new (std::size_t sz) throw (std::bad_alloc)
> The same warning is given for ld/testsuite/ld-elf/dl5.cc, and result
> in the tests failing with ERROR. What's the right thing to do about
> the above gcc-7 warning, given that many different compilers might be
> used to build binutils?
> I'm leaning towards passing -ansi.
I think I may as well commit that patch. If there's a better solution
then we can update as required later.
Australia Development Lab, IBM