Re: BFD: 64 link map addresses for 32 bit target

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 07:33:12PM +0300, Denis Khalikov wrote:
> Can someone please tell me is it normal behavior that output format depends
> not only from binutils target.

Yes.  In the case of a link map file, you are seeing the addresses
that ld uses internally.  When ld is compiled for a 64-bit host, or
supports a 64-bit target, the internal address will be 64 bits even if
linking for a 32-bit target.  I think it would be a mistake to trim
addresses to 32 bits as that might hide a linker error that would
otherwise be revealed by looking at a link map.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM