This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Associate SPARC ASIs with an architecture level.
- From: jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com (Jose E. Marchesi)
- To: Sheldon Lobo <sheldon dot lobo at oracle dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 17:01:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Associate SPARC ASIs with an architecture level.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
With this change an architecture level bump due to assembly ASIs will show
up as a warning/error depending on options passed to gas.
Tested with sparc64-linux-gnu, and it does not introduce any
Approved. I just applied it in your behalf.
It would be nice if you could also provide a few tests for this, testing
both warnings and errors with combinations of -bump and -A.