This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] aarch64: actually copy first operand in convert_bfc_to_bfm()
- From: "Richard Earnshaw (lists)" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 10:30:18 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] aarch64: actually copy first operand in convert_bfc_to_bfm()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <58AC205E020000780013C2EE@prv-mh.provo.novell.com>
On 21/02/17 10:11, Jan Beulich wrote:
> Commit 93562a343c ("[AArch64] PR target/20666, fix wrong encoding of
> new introduced BFC pseudo") changed the destination operand to 0,
> making the whole function invocation a no-op. We really want to copy
> operand 0 (a register) to operand 1 (an immediate before coming here).
> 2017-02-21 Jan Beulich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * aarch64-asm.c (convert_bfc_to_bfm): Copy operand 0 to operand
> 1 (instead of to itself).
> --- 2017-02-21/opcodes/aarch64-asm.c
> +++ 2017-02-21/opcodes/aarch64-asm.c
> @@ -1607,7 +1607,7 @@ convert_bfc_to_bfm (aarch64_inst *inst)
> /* Insert XZR. */
> copy_operand_info (inst, 3, 2);
> copy_operand_info (inst, 2, 1);
> - copy_operand_info (inst, 0, 0);
> + copy_operand_info (inst, 1, 0);
> inst->operands.reg.regno = 0x1f;
> /* Convert the immedate operand. */
This needs an update to the testsuite as well. Clearly something is
missing there or it would have been found before.